Thursday, May 24, 2012

Imports

A couple weeks ago my sister went down to Coeur d'Alene to go shopping.  She asked if I wanted anything, but I said no thanks.  It's not that I didn't want anything, it's just that I can't her to get stuff when I don't know what they'll have.  Even though I said not to get me anything she didn't listen and brought me back a few items.


She got me a box of Cookie Crisp, she always brings me back Cookie Crisp.  Don't they have any other cereals down there?  The thing is that I don't really like Cookie Crisp and last time she went down I asked her not to get me anymore.  Luckily the box is small, so I should be able to force myself to finish it.  Hey, Rascal Flatts is on the box!


Again last time my sister went to the States I asked her to get me some of the US exclusive Hostess products like Suzy Qs or Zingers.  That was after I read Hostess filed for bankruptcy, so I wanted to try that stuff.  She brought me back the Zingers which were a bit scary.  I didn't eat half the box and ended up throwing the rest away.  This time she brought me back Twinkies and Ding Dongs even though we have both of the those in Canada.  Looks like I can dust off my Twinkie the Kid twinkie caddy.


Ding Dongs are actually called King Dons here in Canada for some reason.  I like these just because they're wrapped in tin foil, so shiny and mesmerizing...


I'm pretty sure that the Canadian King Dons aren't wrapped in foil, but sealed in plastic.  While not as cool they would probably last longer being in a sealed package.


I'll admit the DC glasses are pretty cool, but I already have a cupboard full of glasses I don't even use.  Remember I prefer to drink my beverages straight from the carton, jugs or containers.  I even have a box of overflow glasses and mugs in a box in the basement.  I just got a Muppet Babies glass from the thrift store a few weeks ago.


In the bottom of the bag we some little vending machine capsules.  I was wondering what the hell they were, but they all had little Domo-kuns inside them.  Awesome!  There was a mustache Domo, monster Domo, speedo Domo and my favorite bespectacled Domo.  These things were probably my favorites and were no doubt the cheapest.  Sometimes it doesn't take much to impress me.


Hey look, he's wearing glasses just like me.  I bet we can be pals!

No comments: