Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hot or not?

While I got socks, underwear and a Godzilla Blu-Ray for Christmas, I also got Buffalo Nickel Wingers, the original potato wing snacks, courtesy of Cam and Cara.  I haven't seen these type of snacks before , so I was excited to try them out.  They got me the Nacho Chilichanga flavour, and according to the bag they rate a 3 out of 5 on the heat scale.  That is perfect for me, as I like some heat, but I don't like it really hot.


At first I thought the shape of the wing snacks was weird, but then I liked it because it was different, but then after eating some I didn't like the shape again.  First of all, it doesn't even look like a wing, more like a drumstick than anything else.  It doesn't matter which one it looks like because I don't like wings or drumsticks.


As far as taste goes they were...okay.  That's about as much of a recommendation as I'm going to give.  They were crispy, but they weren't actually that hot.  They definitely weren't a 3 on the heat index, maybe more like a 1.5.  I made Cody try some and he agreed with me that they weren't very hot.  I tried them and I guess they're not for me.  I'm just boring and old fashioned, so give me a potato chip, not a potato wing please.

I tried to find out more the company, but it's pretty hard as they have a blog that was last updated January 2010 and the link to the website is dead because the domain name expired.  I'm wondering if these guys are even still in business.  Cam and Cara, where did you guys buy these snacks?  Maybe I should check and see if they're expired.

A bag of possibly expired potato wing snacks from a possibly bankrupt company isn't the only Christmas gift I got from Cam and Cara, but that's a post for another day.

No comments: