Monday, January 21, 2013

Shock it to me

This is one of those posts I've meant to do, but never got around to it.  When I say I've "meant" to do it, that means I've meant to do for five or six years.  I think may have mentioned it on my old MySpace blog, but I can't remember and I can't double check as that blog is officially history.


I saw this at Giant Tiger and thought it was absolutely hilarious, but I didn't buy it at the time.  Eventually, I caved in and had to have it, so I got my sister to pick it up for me.  I had all the intentions of Cody and I trying it out and I would write an amusing entry on my blog about it.  Once I got it, it just sat on the kitchen table and the longer it sat there the more I didn't want to use it.  I've had this thing for a long time too as I first got it when we lived in our old place on 35th Street.  When we moved to our new place I put in a box and I put that box in a dark corner of the basement.

 A technical schematic of the Shocking Liar.

The Shocking Liar is dome shaped and you strap you hand in and then "calibrate" it to yourself.  Then your friends (or enemies) ask you questions and you get shocked if you lie.  Sounds like fun right?  The Shocking Liar is powered by three powerful AAA batteries.


I don't want to try it out because I don't want my hair sticking up like that guy's.  Yes, it looks funny, but it's not something you'd want to happen to yourself.  Sort of like how dude's never want to get hit in the nuts, but when they see some other dude get hit in the nuts it's hilarious. 


The Shocking Liar is supposed to be for fun, but it can still be dangerous.  Now that I read that, for some reason it seems a little more appealing to me.  I still won't try it though!  I can't help but think the Shocking Liar is so inaccurate and well...shitty that it will shock you no matter what responses to you give.  It's a "damned if you, damned if you don't" scenario.

On the back of the box there is a quote that says, "The UK's best product of 2004!".  Really?  Is this the best that the UK had to offer in 2004?  There must've been slim pickings that year.  Or they're easily impressed.

Well, now that I've written about it and you've all seen it I think it's time to put it back in the box in the basement with all my other boxes.   It's probably better to have it down there, nobody will get hurt.

No comments: