Sunday, May 31, 2015

It's alive!

I finally got around to hooking up that Toshiba TV I bought at the thrift store the other day.  It does work and I didn't even need to put new batteries in the remote.


The rear of the TV has a sticker that says it was made in Thailand in 2004.  I was disappointed that a TV that recent was so lacking in A/V hookups.  The rear only has an antenna in and the front has inputs for video and mono audio.  


I can get around that without a problem.  Now that it works, what do I do with it?


Blast from the past!  I was only able to dig out a binder full of old copied PSX games.  I think have a few original Playstation games in a box in the basement and I know I have a bunch more games back in Cranbrook.  


The copied discs don't really stand the test of time as my of Destruction Derby 2 is all kinds of glitched out.  The intro video seriously stutters, the menu audio is choppy, and the in game video is just weird looking neon pixels.  I tried a copied disc of Tobal No.1 which didn't even work, but I did play the original Medal of Honor with no problems.

I'd like to play some Tekken 3 and Ridge Racer Type 4, but I'm pretty sure those are in Cranbrook.  Now I wish I had picked up a used copy of Wipeout XL when Playstation games were cheap.  It's considered vintage now, so some places charge more than they should.   No worries, I'm sure they will show up one day at the thrift store.

No comments: