Wednesday, November 16, 2016

WORST EVER

I haven't posted in a while because I've been slowly recovering, not from an illness, but from an experience.  Last week Cody took out this blu-ray from the library called, Dangerous Men.  The cover made it sounds decent enough and it was released by Drafthouse Films.  Drafthouse Films is the releasing arm of the hipster Alamo Drafthouse film theater chain.  Knowing that I went in expecting something cheesy, but fun.  What I witnessed in, Dangerous Men was the worst movie I'd ever seen in my life.

I've seen a lot of movies, I've seen a lot of bad movies and this was the worst.  I had no idea what the hell was going in the first 20 minutes, it was jumping around with terrible cuts and was so confusing.  The actors that start out just disappear and the story takes a turn with some new characters.  Apparently, the movie took 28 years to be released and it shows, although you think if it took that long they had lots of time to iron out the wrinkles.  There are shots of cop cars from the 70's, some 80's footage and a shot of a cop at his desk and the calendar reads 1995.

There are a couple scenes that are unintentionally funny, but those don't make up for the rest of the movie.  Thankfully, Dangerous Men only runs a lean 80 minutes, but it sure felt a lot longer to me.  I gotta give Cody some credit for finally finding a movie that I can truly call the "worst movie I've ever seen."

Of course, I can't just let this go, I've got to try and get back at him somehow.  I think I'll make him watch National Lampoon's Last Resort with Corey Haim and Corey Feldman.  That'll do it!

2 comments:

mike said...

I picture you sitting on the couch saying, 'I could make a better movie, - wait I have made better movies!'

Keef said...

I totally did say that!