Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 6th, 2011


As you can see I'm totally jazzed because today, March 6th, is the release date for the newest games in the Pokemon series, Black and White.  I actually pre-ordered mine at EB Games, so I would get a special Celebi that I could use in the game.  This is actually the first time I've pre-ordered anything and I even left work a hour early so I could go pick it up.  Interesting side note is that EB Games sucks and I will not be buying games there anymore.


At first I was gonna get Pokemon Black because it just sounds more bad ass, but White's legendary Pokemon Zekrom, dude on the cover, looks cooler.  I've already played a hour of it and one of the big differences from past games is the camera.  It's more dynamic and moves around which I like.  I haven't had enough time playing it see what new game features and mechanics they've added.  But out of the three starter Pokemon I went with Tepig, the fire type, and yeah he looks like a pig.

With last year's game, HeartGold, I tried connecting it online through the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, but couldn't get it to work, my DS didn't like my router.  I tried changing the WPA settings and I even bought a Nintendo USB Wi-Fi stick and I still couldn't get it to work.  I gave it a quick try tonight and I still couldn't get it online with our router, but one of our neighbors doesn't have a password on their router, so I was able to get online through there.  Haha, thanks! 

Hopefully, I'll get around to finishing Pokemon White as I never did finish Pokemon HeartGold.  I was so close with only Red left to fight, but his Pokemon were at such high levels and I was too burned out to level grind my team up. 

Is it weird for me to be playing Pokemon?  Maybe, but I also like to shoot and blow stuff up in Bad Company 2, so maybe they cancel out.  What can I say, I'm versatile.  I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this, but if you are then I know you want to see this picture again.


GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!!

No comments: