Saturday, February 25, 2012

Detailed Report #1 of 10

As I said in my last post that on Friday I planned to hit all the Cranbrook hot spots and I hit them HARD.  I went to AABCO and I also went to the other pawn place down on the end of the strip by Sandor Rental.  I actually don't even know what the place is called, but I like it better than AABCO.  The biggest reason is because it's cheaper.  XBox 360, Wii and PS3 games are only $10.  Blu-Rays are $5 or 3 for $10 while DVDs are $2.50 or 10 for $20.  Also, the place and merchandise doesn't reek like cigarette smoke which is always nice.  I went looking for the ever elusive Star Wars Battlefront II for the original XBox, but I was outta luck.  I did get Red Dead Remdeption: Undead Nightmare.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it, but I'll give it a try.  I don't have the attention span for open world video games.

I checked out the brand new thrift store which is just down from my dad's shop in the old Atlas Parts building.  It's one of  those Bibles For Missions thrift stores, they are chain or something.  There is one of those over near where we live in Calgary.  I go there once in a while, but think it's pretty lame that they actually charge you GST.  That's the first thrift and only thrift store I've been to that's charged me GST.   I also went to Liquidation World, but they were all out of Jiffy Pop.

My dad and I went to Spice Hut for lunch.  It's located in what's left of the Cranbrook Mall.  We ate there once previously for dinner and the place was pretty dead for being dinner, but lunch was busier.  I can't remember what I got, chicken something, but it was pretty good and it seemed pretty spicy even though I only  asked for medium.  I would be scared to eat something "hot" there.

I also went to the Hospital Auxiliary and bought a couple new magnets for my fridge and a Beastie Boys CD.  I found the Ch-Check It Out promo single that only has two songs on it, the clean version of the song and an a cappella version.  Then I drove all around town blaring the a cappella version.  Listen to that awesome bass man!  People who drive around with music cranked up always listen to rap/r'n'b or something bass-y.  Don't you think it would be funny to drive around with some classical or jazz music cranked up and look all ghetto?


I didn't go to Giant Tiger or Pages, but only because I'll need something to do on Monday.  It went and started snowing Friday night and then into Saturday, so there was a few inches of fresh snow Saturday morning.  It's not that cold, so it was a bit heavy.

I still went skiing and it was pretty busy in morning, but after lunch it died down a bit.  I guess everyone wanted to get there early in the morning and get in some powder.  I haven't been to the ski hill since they changed it all up and I have to say I don't like it!  I liked the old days when they had three lifts at the base, but now since they moved the base down there is only one quad lift.  Also, there is only one way to get to that quad, so it's a big bottleneck near the bottom.  The quad goes to where to the old double chair used to go, but if you want to go down the Dreadnaught or Rosa you have traverse over to it and then cut back over farther down.  I just want to ski down the hill, not be cutting across it all the time.

I had to use my dad's skis and boots since I don't have my own.  I survived and I'm surprised that I'm not that sore.  Well, my legs aren't sore, but my feet are from the ski boots.  It's been a long since I've had to wear them and my shins aren't liking it.  I'm going up again Sunday and if they get the powder all groomed down the runs will be pretty good.  Carveable bro!

Later!

No comments: