Monday, February 27, 2012

Gaze into the future...

As I said in my previous post I was digging around in my many boxes of crap and found one my old electronics projects from high school.  In Grade 12 for the first semester I took Electronics 11, then for the second semester I took Electronics 12.  In Electronics 11, I had Kristian for my partner and Willie was in our class too who got paired up with Mark.  I still think swapping out Mark's solder with a bare wire was pure classic.  We just sat there watching and waiting as he's trying to solder with the wire.  He's heating it up with soldering iron, but nothing is happening and then like minutes later he goes, "Ow!" and drops the wire.  I guess you had to be there.

Anyway, the first semester we had Mr. Stevely as our teacher, but for the second semester Stevely was out on medical leave, so we had some clown of a substitute teacher.  Nobody really listened to him and everyone just did whatever they wanted, so very little learning was done.  I liked to go through some of the project kits and schematics to see what kind of cool stuff we could make.  Unfortunately, we didn't have the components to make anything cool like a FM transmitter or fish attractor, but I did make a fortune teller.

I actually didn't make the case for it.  I found the case in the electronics room, I guess someone had planned to use it for something and didn't get around to it.  I just took it because it was the perfect size for my kit to fit inside it.  I did all the other stuff though...with some help from Cam.


I was a little scared plugging this into the wall and turning it on to see if it still worked after all these years.  I wasn't sure if it would blow up, electrocute me or both.  The electrical tape on the power cord and the fact that it doesn't have a ground wasn't helping.  Since I'm here writing this you know that I'm okay and not in the emergency room, also it works!


The toggle switch on the right is the power switch or as I like to call it, the "on/off" switch.  The button on the left is the "destiny" button.


I really dressed it up with some "YES" and "NO" labels and a cut out of some lady with a crystal ball.  I cut that lady out of an ad in the World Weekly News.  Nice, right?


It's all powered up and ready to work it's magic.  Once you plug it in and turn it on, both lights will light up.  Once you push the button the front only one light with light up, hence your "answer".  Let's give it a try and ask some questions.

Q: Is tomorrow Tuesday?


Q: Will Cam eat at Arby's in the near future?

Q: Will Cara think Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky is the greatest movie ever made?

Q: Will Willie ever get out of bed before noon?

Well, so far it seems to working, so let's keep going and get to the good stuff.

Q: Will I meet a hot girl soon?


Q: Will I meet a hot girl eventually?

Q: Dammit! Will I ever meet anyone of the female persuasion?

Q: Double Dammit!!  Will I at least win the lottery?

Q: What the freakin' hell?!  Do you want to end up like the Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Maker set?

I guess it told me everything I already suspected, I was just hoping for some good news to help keep me going.  If you have anything to ask just let me know!

4 comments:

mike said...

That's eerie, almost as bad as Willie's Ouija board that he kept at our house because he was too scared of it. I think it's probably still there.

Maybe it misunderstood the hot girl comment, not literally hot, like no fever or anything..

Keef said...

Mike, next time you or Cam go back to Cranbrook just take the Ouija board over to Willie's late one night, leave it on the doorstep, ring the doorbell and then run. I'm sure he's not terrified of it anymore right?

Cara said...

I know for a fact that the Ouija board is still at RML's. I would be happy to help it find its way back to Willie...

Also, now I can't wait to watch Riki-Oh. Neither Keith nor the Fortune Teller can be wrong. Right?!?

Keef said...

Cara, we tried to get Willie before, but he refused to take it. Try putting it inside a box of checkers to throw him off guard and by the time he realizes, it will already too late. Haha!