Thursday, May 26, 2016

Zoinks!

Today I went to Phoenix Comics because I haven't been for quite a while.  I don't read many comics any more, but once in a while I still pick up certain titles.  When I heard DC Comics had plans to release an updated line of Hanna-Barbera comics I got excited, mostly because Scooby-Doo was one of the properties.


Scooby-Doo gets thrust into the modern age with fancy high tech gear, tattoos and hipster moustaches and beards based on a concept from Jim Lee who also did the cover to issue #1.  The first issue introduces the characters and how they come to be together and have to fight a world of monsters?  It's only issue #1 so I have to wait a month to see where is goes from there.  They even explain how Scooby can sort of talk.  Don't worry though if you aren't into it because DC still publishes the classic Scooby-Doo comic as well.


Last week saw the release of Future Quest which throws together H-B heroes Jonny Quest, Space Ghost, Birdman and the Herculoids.  DC will also be releasing two other titles, The Flintstones and Wacky Races.  I'll pass on those two unless Wacky Races is given a Death Race type angle, but I doubt it.

While all the nerds are freaking out over the new Captain America #1 in which he has really been a Hydra agent all along, I'm reading Scooby-Doo and Archie.

No comments: