Thursday, November 22, 2007

Keith's Big Score!

This Tuesday saw the release of Live Free or Die Hard on DVD, so I picked the two disc version. The DVD offers you the option to watch the theatrical or the unrated version of the movie. Is there really a difference between the two? In the unrated version McClane gets to drop a few more f-bombs and that's the way it should've been. I read a review that said the unrated version also was bloodier, but I didn't notice any difference in the violence. The movie should've had a R rating to begin with. The original Die Hard had more violence, more swearing, and was more exciting. Don't mess for the formula!


I was out today and had no plans at all to buy anything, but I ended up buying Bender's Big Score! We were at Wal-Mart and they had it out for sale even though the official release date isn't until Nov. 27th. It was nice watching it again, since there hasn't been a new episode for a few years now. If you're a fan of the show, then you'll like the movie and I won't much more than that. I was a bit disappointed that Zap Branigan didn't get more screen time, but the Hanakah Zombie made up for it.


The DVD is packaged in a digipak style case and when the envelope style case slides out it has a lenticular Bender on it. My biggest problem is with the way the disc sits in case, it actually just slides in a slot. If not firmly pushed in place it could easily slide out, and if pushed in too hard it could scratch the disc. Not cool!


No comments: