Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 2

Second day in Cranbrook means I went to more stores which means I will have less to do in the future.  My parents redid the basement TV room with some new carpet, paint, trim and a new TV.  What good is a nice new TV without a decent DVD player though?  We went to Wal-Mart and got a new a Blu-Ray player.  I was looking at the HDMI cables and theyhad  the rip off Monster cables for $50 and then the Philips cables for $30.  The Philips cables were only 3ft long, yet they cost $30.  Then they had some no-name HDMI cable for only $10 and it was 12ft long.  You're gonna get the same quality from it than the more expensive ones and you're gonna save $20.  Unless you bought the Monster cable, then you're just dumb.

When I come home to Cranbrook I always end up going bacl to Calgary with more stuff and this time is no exception.  Willie and I hit up some stores and I got a couple DVDs, CDs and DS games.  We went to the Salvation Army and as we were leaving we spottrf some little girl playing with a wind-up South Park Cartman toy.  Willie wanted the Cartman toy, so we had to wait around to see if she was actually going to buy it or not.  Unfortunately, she did buy it, so Willie went home empty handed.  I said the toy was not age appropriate for her.  If she can't watch the TV show, then she can't have the toy.

We also went to Giant Tiger, but I had already been there...sort of.  I was bored the other night, so I went to the Giant Tiger website and ended up ordering four movies.  The have a decent selection and the shipping is a flat rate of $4.95 no matter how much you order.  I ended up buying a Thai movie, a Japanese double feature and two 80's teen comedies.  They had Exo-Squad Season 1, but I passed on it.  Maybe next time because it actually costs twice as much over on Amazon.ca.  I bought more two more DVDs from the Cranbrook store to add to my enormous pile back in Calgary.

Shiloh and Willie now have the Scrapbook store in Cranbrook.  If you aren't sure where it is, its the one down the Prestige by the "Adult" store.  I know absolutely nothing about scrapbooking, but Willie says it's kinda nerdy.   Collecting Star Wars figures or comic books is WAY more cooler.  So I met Shiloh and she does exist.

Later that night I went to the hockey game with my parents.  My dad got a box and a bunch of employees from the shop came.  The box is nice because you don't have to mingle with the riff raff.  Although, that didn't stop them from coming in!  Some kid walked in looking for the washroom and some other guy walked in looking for his box.  He was looking for an upper box and I'm not sure why he didn't try the the door with the sign that had an arrow on it pointing up listing the box numbers.   If your looking for an upper box, why would you go to a lower box?  The Ice lost, but it was still a good game.  During the intermissions they brought out some Tim Bits players to play a four minute game.  I found these games to be as good or better than the actual hockey game.  These kids were so small and they had them skating the entire length of the ice when normally they would only play on half a rink.  While they were playing "Ch-Check It Out" by the Beastie Boys was going over the PA.  YEAH!

No comments: