Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rewind

Yesterday, I did a post about the Christmas countdown, but now I'd like to confuse you and go back in time to Halloween.  This is one of those posts I was going to do, but didn't quite get around to it.  I've just been putting it off because it is just not that interesting.  Here it is anyway!  Hooray for filler posts!

A couple years ago I went all out at Halloween and made some cool goodie bags, but unfortunately all my hard work was for nothing as only eight kids showed up.  Last year I was still all bitter about nobody showing up for my rad goodie bags so I turned off the lights and played BF3.  We had candy, we just didn't give any out and ate it all for ourselves.  Even the M&Ms with only thee pieces(!) in a bag.  Time heals all wounds and this year I decided to hand out some candy again.

I bought a small box of mixed chocolate bars with Coffee Crisp, Smarties, etc.  I also had bought a variety pack of Old Dutch snack sized chips.  I ended up eating most of the good flavors and leaving Sour Cream 'n Onion to give out.


I only gave away a few bags, so I still have some left overs.  I don't want to eat them!  

We had about 12 kids show up which is an improvement over previous years.  It was cold out, so most of them had jackets on and you couldn't even see their costume.  I swear some lazy ass kids showed up begging for candy and they weren't even dressed up and were using old Wal-Mart bags for their candy.  A few younger kids showed up that were dressed up cute and stuff, so they got chips AND chocolate bars AND lip whistles!


I bought a bag of lip whistles from the dollar store just for a little something extra.  The whistle part actually spins when you blow into it and makes a whirling whistly sound.  You give a kid a chocolate bar and he eats it and then it's gone.  You give a kid a lip whistle and he can have lots of fun with it, well until his parents take it away.  If my lip whistles annoyed just one parent out there, then I'm happy. 

And now back to the Christmas crap!

No comments: