Sunday, December 30, 2012

Showtime!

In the same box (FYI, it happened to be a pudding box) that had the long expired McDonald's coupons I also found a pile of old video rental receipts.  Way back in day before all the cool kids starting downloading movies for free, they used to rent movies on VHS tape.  We also rented a lot of movies thanks to the "5 movies for 5 days for 5 bucks" deal they ran at 24Hr Video.  I kept most, maybe all of the receipts from the movies I rented on my account.


The deal was we would rent a pile of movies and then hang out at Cam's and watch them.  Even if Cam had to work we would still go to his house and watch a movie and then tell him how awesome it was later and how he missed out.


Ernest, Arnold, and Leslie Nielsen, what a combo.  Of those I flicks I now own Ernest Scared Stupid and the Police Squad: Complete Series.  I'm pretty sure Cody has Raw Deal.  I remember nothing about River of Death, but IMDB tells me Michael Dudikoff is in it.  Suddenly, I'm okay with not remembering anything about this movie.


Two zombie movies that week!  Weekend at Bernie's II, but no Weekend at Bernie's?  We must've rented it prior, I will have to consult my records.  Of those five I know own ROTLD II, Born in East LA and Weekend at Bernie's II.  Don't worry I also have Weekend at Bernie's.


Damn, I now have all  those movies except Detonator.  I have about four copies of Rock N' Roll High School, one old clamshell VHS version, two different DVD versions and the Blu-Ray.  Tell I ever tell you I own too many movies?  Army of One I just got recently on DVD after looking for it for a while.  The shootout in the warehouse is an absolute classic.  I watched it like three times in a row after I got the DVD.  Dolph blows away a ton of baddies with lots of juicy squib work.


I don't remember anything about Iced or Beyond Justice.  I do remember Lifeforce because there were boobs in it.  It is my fav movie evar!!  I always thought Fire, Ice and Dynamite was cool, but that is probably because it's about skiing and Roger Moore is in it.  Probably haven't seen it since the week of Oct 24, 1994 and if I saw it today I'd be all disappointed.  Commando has a lot of classic Arnold one liners and I have the director's cut DVD which has some more gore.  It's good and I won't even bother upgrading to a $5 Blu-Ray because the Blu-Ray is the theatrical cut.  Director's cut on Blu-ray please!


Delta Force 3 with no Chuck Norris?  They try and make up for it by using his brother Mike Norris who is unintentionally hilarious.  Me and Cody always make fun of him and his style of gun control, or lack there of.  Spoiler alert...he dies! I have it on DVD now, so I can watch it anytime and criticize him, "You're not Chuck!  Chuck never would've died!"

After just over 700 posts here, I'm  all about looking for an easy way to make post.  After coming up with the "pictures of pictures" idea I thinking about "movies we rented".  What do you think?  I got all those rental receipt sitting around I should do something with them.  I can see what movies we rented and then remember nothing about them.  "I watched that??"  Funny thing is that we rented Boiling Point with Wesley Snipes three times and I still haven't seen it.

2 comments:

Cara said...

The most interesting thing about this post is seeing your 'grade 2 printing' signature. Does it still look like that?

Keef said...

What is wrong with grade 2? I liked grade 2, it was awesome. At least it's legible unlike Willie's kindergarten signature.

Back then I used to actually hand write my signature on important things, but just lazily printed it on unimportant stuff. Now my signature is always printed style, although it has changed a little, but not much.