Monday, October 26, 2015

Force Friday Forever

I've got some good news and some bad new, so I'll give you the bad news first.  I've already mentioned that I planned to do a video of my Star Wars Battlefront adventures, but unfortunately my piece of junk XBone put a stop to that.

I already said I had trouble making the video clips, so was making short clips in hopes it would work better.  I went through and made a bunch of smaller 4 min size clips of Drop Zone footage.  My video clips section was packed with stuff, so since I already cut out the good stuff I just went and deleted all the original Drop Zone clips.  You can probably see where this is going.

When you create/edit a clip it also uploads it to One Drive, the Microsoft cloud.  I downloaded all the clips from the cloud to edit them on my computer except they were corrupted and wouldn't play.  They would play for a bit and then freeze up all pixelated.  I checked the versions on my XBone and they were the same.  I guess it got screwed up in rendering or uploading or something and since I already deleted the originals I was outta luck.

I still have all the raw videos of play time on Walker Assault, but if you want to see them you'll have to come over to my house and watch them straight off the XBone.  I tried making a small clip of me flying around in the Snow Speeder and it also got messed up.  Is it too much to ask for something to what it's supposed to do?  I should've got a PS4.

Now the good news!  I bought some Star Wars trading cards!


I got this dual type pack of Topps Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens cards at Wal-Mart.  They were at the front mixed in the with the impulse buy stuff at the tills.  They had a section of various trading cards.


Cards from my pack.  I like the retro type design of the cards.  The set covers all the movies, I know I did some research and saw the check list.  The good news is that the first three movies are glossed over in a mere twenty cards.  Episodes IV to VI take up sixty cards and for some reason The Force Awakens is thirty cards.  All the images for The Force Awakens are just pulled from the trailer, so really the trailer for The Force Awakens gets thirty cards.  


My pack also had these green and black coloured cards which are parallels.  The Jabba Slime Green Starfield cards are 1:1 packs while the Black Starfield cards are 1:2 packs.  There are other colours as well at differing ratios.  They are the same as the blue base cards, but just coloured differently.


I also got some inserts in my pack in the form of a Darth Vader sticker card and a Power of the First Order Snowtrooper.  The sticker looks cool!


The card pack had a little tiny "Exclusive Cards!" logo on it and while doing my research I found out Wal-Mart has an exclusive 9 card mini insert set.


I got the Darth Maul and his brother Savage Opress card in the Family Legacy set.  These are are one in every pack, so if you want to get all nine cards, make sure you keep buying packs at Wal-Mart.  How devious.


While I was reading about the cards I found out there are autographs inserted into packs, but they are hard to get falling only 1:545 packs!  The range from main Star Wars actors like Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, David Prowse, Kenny Baker to actors who only had small background parts.  So if you are lucky enough to get an autograph card hope it's of someone good!

The main set is only 110 cards which I guess isn't that much and shouldn't be too hard to complete.  There are also seven subsets of inserts to collect, make that eleven subsets if you include the Wal-Mart one and I guess there is a Target exclusive set too.  I've also read about a Blueprints set and Lightsaber set, but we'll see if I ever manage to get one one of those. Yep, you read that last sentence right, I'll be buying more packs of these Star Wars cards.  I gotta get a Billy Dee Williams autograph!

No comments: