Friday, October 19, 2012

Potatoes 4 sale

Did I mention that I'm back in Cranbrook?  It was my mom's birthday this week and next week it is Logan's birthday so I came home in the middle of them so we could celebrate both.  I was gonna post this last night, but it got bumped by Cam's Finish picture.  It was better and funnier (yeah, Cam looks funny!) so I put it up instead.

I drove back to Cranbrook on Thursday and the drive was pretty mellow.  The roads weren't very busy, so it was smooth sailing.  That was until I got to Cranbrook!  They are doing road construction from the edge of town to the Fernie/Fairmont junction.  I guess it was planned a while ago, but they just decided to start on Monday, typical Cranbrook.  What happens when/if it gets cold?  They can't be paving when it's cold.  They are working, but it looked a bit unorganized, but that's probably because of the ass clowns from Kelowna doing it.

So I drive into town and I'm going down Victoria and there is a sign of the corner on of the vacant lot beside the Save On Foods area.  It's on red paper, handwritten and reads "Potatoes 4 sale" and just off that side road there is a big trailer full of potatoes and some guy just selling them.  I know when I buy potatoes I always get them from some guy's trailer in a vacant lot.  Anything bought in a vacant lot is a quality product.  Then I'm driving up to my parent's place and there is some guy walking down the road dressed in full body suit like those guys from the Canucks games.


His suit was all black and he was wearing shorts, a jacket and a hat, but still...????  On top of that I was at Safeway later and some people were getting movies from the Red Box kiosk.  WTH Cranbrook?!

I didn't do too much today and just checked out the thrift stores.  I saw so much cool stuff I couldn't decide what to get.

I thought this thing would be strictly for ladies, but that's clearly a dude on the box and it's on his head?  I'm confused.

Everybody pogo!!

A box of plums?

I also got an e-mail from Willie as I will probably be seeing him later on at some point.  I got his e-mail just after 11am this morning and he was just going to bed.  He had just gotten back from waiting in line to get Tragically Hip tickets.  I guess some people waited over night for tickets and some guy even came from Calgary to get in line at 4am.  I could see Willie doing that as he did wait in line overnight to see the Phantom Menace.  I'm glad I never did that because I would've been pretty pissed afterwards.

That's it for now and I'll keep you posted if anything cool or exciting happens.  Like that'll happen!

No comments: