Monday, October 22, 2012

Willie!

I did get to see Willie today and we ate lunch at Wendy's.  That might not seem like a big deal, but I haven't eaten at the Cranbrook Wendy's and now that I have I can cross that off my bucket list.  Afterwards we drove up to Kimberly again to check out the thrift stores and we went to the Hospital Aux(?) off the Platzl.  Turns out it was closed even though on the sign it said it was open on Mondays from 11am to 3pm.  WTH?!  Last time I was back we went there on Monday and it was open, but this time they screwed us.  We drove all that way for nothing!   Or did we?

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

When we were walking back to the truck I spotted a fire hydrant that was painted just like R2-D2 and since we had driven all that way we had to leave with something.  I took a picture of R2 and Willie doing his best C-3PO impression and he nailed it!

Once back in Cranbrook we stopped at the Tamarack Mall, not to go the mall and check out the swanky new Bulk Barn, but to hang out in the parking lot and pogo.


I think you may recognize that pogo stick!  Making that gif was a bit of a pain as I kept fiddling around with it trying to get it perfect, but in the end I gave up and said "Good enough."  Even though that pogo stick is old and definitely worn, it's surprisingly fun.

We did have a couple more cool finds, but those will be posts for later, so look forward to being mildly entertained by those.  I'm off to relax because it's going to snow 5-15 cm in Calgary and Southern Alberta overnight and tomorrow and it's currently snowing here in Cranbrook.  The drive back tomorrow looks like it's going to suck.

1 comment:

mike said...

Awesome pogo action. haha C3PO stance.