Monday, October 8, 2012

Radio Down

When my parents came to visit me a few weeks ago on my birthday they also brought me my present.  It's not like I need anything as I already have way too much junk filling up my place and my parent's place.  I didn't want to hurt their feelings so I took the gift and I'm using as I type this post.


They got me a Sirius set that has the car kit and the boombox dock for listening in your home.  I haven't even tried to set it up in my car as it looks like it will be a mess of wires and stuff hanging around cluttering up my car.  Instead I just listen to it in my room.  There are a lot of channels to choose from, but I managed to fill all my presets.  It was hard work and unfortunately Willie's Roadhouse and the trucker's channel, Road Dog Trucking didn't make the cut.

1. SiriusXM Hits 1
2. Top 20 on 20 (For some weird reason it's not actually on "20", it's on channel 3)
3. 80s on 8
4. 90s on 9
5. The Pulse
6. 1st Wave
7. Lithium (90's alternative grunge!)
8. Alt Nation
9. Faction (The Sirius channel guide says "Music of action sports, Tony Hawk.)
0. bpm

I remember back when my dad had XM in his old truck as this was before the Sirius/XM merger and I always used to listen to Fungus, the punk channel.  It looks like they dropped that channel for Faction which is still punk but seems a little watered down.  Tony Hawk and Marky Ramone both have shows on Faction, but haven't been able to catch either one yet.  They both come on Tuesday nights, so I'll try tomorrow if I remember.


I was listening to 90s on 9 the other day and they started playing a song and I was like "Holy crap, it's Ugly Kid Joe!"  Of course the song was Everything About You which came out in 1991 which may be the last time I heard it.  Cam/Mike didn't one of you guys have their album?


I like the radio and it works fine, but the remote is too damn small.  When I'm putting in the numbers I'm always pressing the wrong one because it's all too small.  Even though I only use it inside, I might try and hook up the car kit on my next drive back to Cranbrook.  I'll need that Ugly Kid Joe pump up music for the drive.

7 comments:

mike said...

Cam brought me home the first UKJ album when he went to Edmonton in Band 10. I was suprised he got me anything.

The guitarist had the nose chains right? I wonder if he still wears it?

Keef said...

He probably got you something because your mom told him too.

At least going to Edmonton was a decent bad trip, in grade 8 we went to Slocan. Slocan = lame!

Band geek Cara said...

If you stuck it out long enough (read: if you were a mega band geek) you got to go to Cuba.

Cuba = awesome!

Keef said...

The friggin' Parkland band went to Cuba?!

Cam said...

No, the Mount Baker band went to Cuba. Mike & I both had UKJ albums. And the "80s on 8" and "90s on 9" stations should be on presets 8 and 9, respectively. HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING!

Keef said...

That makes sense Cam because Parkland sucked so hard the only places that wanted them were Slocan and Edmonton.

mike said...

Didn't Parkland go to Spuzzum?
I though that's why MrsS kept saying we sounded like a spuzzum band when we screwed up? That's pretty mean-spirited for a Buddhist..