Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Aliens are cool

I made it back to Calgary this afternoon.  Cranbrook was good, the trip was a little too short, but I was surprisingly busy the entire time.  On Sunday I went skiing with my mom and Logan and then we had roast for dinner.  Yeah, meat!  On Monday I finally got a hold of Willie and we worked on a secret project that will be revealed at a later date.  It requires more fine tuning before it's ready to be presented to the public.  My mom took the day off work on Tuesday and we went skiing again and she is still complaining about "wobbly" legs because I made her ski too hard.  I'm just trying to toughen her up.

I also went to not one, but two movies with Willie and Cheryl.  On Monday we saw Dark Skies and I thought it was some ghost/haunted house/evil spirit/possession type movie because it was from the guys behind Paranormal Activity and Insidious.  It was kind of like that, but had aliens instead of ghosts which made it much more credible.  Aliens are way cooler than ghosts yo.  It was actually wasn't too bad despite the lack of anal probes.

Then we saw A Good Day to Die Hard on Tuesday cheap night and for cheap night the theatre was pretty vacant.  I thought it was going to be packed, but it was the exact opposite.  Bruce Willis plays a cranky old man yelling at people to get off his lawn while being pretty much indestructible.  The first Die Hard he was just like some guy put into this situation who barely scrapes by to save the day.  Now, he's jumping out of windows falling 100 ft, outrunning cannon fire from a Hind, crawling out of trucks that flip and roll ten times through the air and only manages to sustain a few scrapes.  I said he's like some superhero and Willie said he read a review that compares him to Wile E. Coyote, and that is spot on.  It's not great, but it's still a guilty a pleasure with some good action and decent lines (and gestures) from Willis, so I'm glad I saw it.

Anyway, while we were waiting for Dark Skies to start the commercials, celebrity birthdays, movie trivia and such crap is playing on the screen when it goes to an interview segment with some country and western guy named Dean Brody.  Willie starts talking about how we went to school with him and he was in our Writing 12 class.  I was looking at the guy and thought, "Brody??  That's McWhinnie!".   I guess McWhinnie wasn't a cool enough name, so he changed it to Brody to help sell more records.  So yeah, we went to school with him and we even made a little movie with him called Reefer Madness 2.  Now we can go two ways with this, we can blackmail him with it or just make some money with it now that is a big bankable star.  We'll have to think on this for a while.  I wonder if he would be interested in doing Reefer Madness 3?

Stay tuned because coming soon...strippers!!

No comments: