Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Meathead

While out driving around taking pictures of Dixon's Pub and Keith Deli's, Cody and I stopped in at Bianca Amor's to have a look at some of their amazing deals.  We both picked some DVDs as we usually do, but Cody also bought some food prep items.


Meatloaf is awesome because it's meat and that's it, the name pretty much says it all.  While I love meatloaf, I don't ever cook, so I'm not about to start.  Luckily, Cody dished out the big bucks, $5, and bought this killer meatloaf pan set. 


The meatloaf pan just doesn't do meatloaf, it also makes stuffed pork loin and stuffed peppers.  What's up with the picture of the meatloaf with an egg baked in the middle of it?  Is that something people do?  I'm repulsed, yet intrigued at the same time.  I'd have to say I would try it before passing judgment.


Cody wasted no time in trying out the meatloaf pan, he went and bought ingredients and set about making meatloaf the same night.  Cody set up this display for a nice picture.  Too bad he didn't clean all the clutter and crap off the counter first.

Cody looks pretty excited!


Check out all the fat and grease left in the bottom of the pan.  But that's the flava!

Cody gives thumbs up to the meatloaf pan itself, but a thumbs down to the actual meatloaf.  After he cut into it, he found out that it still wasn't cooked, so it had to back in the oven for a while.   It smelled pretty good while it was cooking, but unfortunately it didn't taste that great.  Cody also suffered "stomach ailments" afterwards from his meatloaf.  I was all good and had no problems at all.  I guess all that Arby's has reinforced my intestinal tract.


Since Cody already made meatloaf, I guess it's my turn to give it a try next.  I will put in some research for better recipes first.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Also, some time in the future I'll write about Cody's other food prep purchase.  Something about baked beans in a toaster sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.  Haha, get it?

No comments: