Saturday, February 16, 2013

Tamawhatsi?

Let's hop in the old time machine and go back to 1997 when a certain toy fad was taking over, so much so that it even had Cam and Willie in it's grip.  I'm about the Tamagotchi phenomenon and I was always a little bummed out because I never had a Tamagotchi!  Cam and Willie get to have all the fun!  Well, Cam did, Willie just neglected his Tamagotchi and it turned out all messed up and deformed, the poor little guy.

It's sixteen years late, but I finally got my own Tamagotchi in the form of the official Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. app from Namco Bandai and the best part is that it's completely free.  Since it's free, it does runs ads on the bottom of the screen, but they're not that bad.  The app features are pretty decent for something totally free.  It even had a screen capture function, so here come the pictures whether you want them or not.


That's my Tamagotchi egg in the shell mode and as you play and raise Tamagothcis you can unlock different colours for your shell.  To play, it is that same as the old school Tamagotchis, you just press the buttons to select various functions.  There is a quick tutorial, but it also includes a copy of the original instructions that were packaged with the Tamagotchi back in the day which is a nice touch.


Less than ten minutes later a dude already hatched from my egg!  This is the full screen mode where you just press the icons on the top or bottom to perform an action.  Also, like the shell screen you can also unlock different types of wallpapers.


Here is my dude sleeping in his own feces.


Why is he in colour now?  He's also sick from sleeping in his own feces, apparently that's bad for them.  Who knew?  Don't worry I made him better with "syringe" icon.  Then I played "rock, paper, scissors" with him, but I let him win because it makes him happier if he wins.

Currently, he is sleeping, so I turned off the lights to let him sleep.  I have it set to send me alerts whenever he wants something and pretty much anytime I turn on my phone to look at it, there is something from the app telling me my Tamagotchi wants attention.  I guess I'll just have to discipline him until he learns to quit bothering me so much.


I'll keep you updated on his growth and status, that is unless I kill him, then you'll never hear about it ever again.

1 comment:

Cam said...

Learn from Willie's mistake: there's a very fine line between disciplining your Tamagotchi and abusing your Tamagotchi.