Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The sun is too bright. I must go back inside.

I went outside today!  The sun was bright and it was hot.  I parked up on the hill up Centre Street and walked down into Chinatown and came back with a few movies.


I took a few pictures to try and liven this post up a little bit.  It didn't really work.





I got these three bootlegs for $12.


And I also got this for $12.  They have bootleg Blu-rays down there and while some are Chinese movies most of them are Hollywood.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, but they playing with fire selling bootlegs of Hollywood movies.  They also had a bin of bootleg DVDs including X-Men: Days of Future Past and Mr. Peabody and Sherman, both of which aren't even out on DVD here yet because they're still in theatres.

I bought the Blu-ray just because I wanted to see what the quality was like and it's pretty much a rip of a normal Blu-ray.  Once you put it in a screen comes that says "PLAY/some Chinese gibberish" and "CONTINUE/More Chinese gibberish".  Click "PLAY" and the movie plays, but select "CONTINUE" and it goes to main menu with chapter select, set up and special features.  I didn't watch the entire movie, but I watched a bit of it and you can't tell the difference from a legit Blu-ray.   But I will forever more pay a few dollars more and get the legitimate version because buying bootleg movies is wrong.

No comments: