Sunday, August 30, 2015

Glass half empty or half full?

I mentioned that I found one of our long classic films, PSYCHO KILLER HERMIT GUY, but looks like I got my hopes up a little too soon.  When I first put in the tape I started watching it and since it was Reefer Madness 2 I just fast forwarded through it and when it came to PKHG I just kept going to see what else was on the tape.

When I went to record PKHG to DVD I found out that there was only really half a movie as there was no sound.  The audio was screwed up on the tape for PKHG and the Son of a Gun footage that followed it.  And that totally sucks!  The good news is that since I had a copy, chances are there is another copy out there.  Willie will be checking his tapes in hopes he has a copy.

Since we have the video it can still be salvaged, we just need to add in all the dialogue, sound effects, and back ground noise.  In other words it will be a lot of work.  The video (the quality is terrible btw) itself doesn't need actually need that much work, just a few edits and maybe one effect shot added.  So we might be looking to re-record all the dialogue for the movie and yes that includes you Cam, don't be a jerk about it.  We will probably just end up going over the top with it, but we'll see what happens.







5 comments:

Keef said...

No objections? Nice! I know you guys all remember your lines right?

Cam said...

I didn't think I had any lines? You'll need to send me a script.

Keef said...

You totally did. You had a line of dialogue in the opening scene. Then you maybe muttered something like "Yep" as I was talking to you while we were walking in the woods. We'll also throw in a groan when you get hit with the arrow.

mike said...

I don't think we can afford Vaughn now, we'll have to get another voice over like vader..

Plus, I couldn't remember my lines when we shot them - how could I remember them now?

Keef said...

Yeah Mike, you had a bunch of lines, but I have no idea what you said. I'll make up something for ya. We can get Cody to do Vaughn's stuff, he works dirt cheap.